Singapore Embassy in Chennai
The Singapore Embassy in Chennai was originally established as a Consulate on 17th September, 1987. In course of time, it was upgraded to the Consulate-General Singapore, Chennai in 2006.
Its mission is primarily to look into the interests of Singaporeans who are living, visiting or working in Southern India.
Other Singapore Missions within India:
Apart from the Singapore Consulate-General in Chennai, there is also a Consulate General in Mumbai and a High Commission in New Delhi.
Services provided by the Singapore Embassy in Chennai:
There are a range of services which is provided by Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore, Chennai. They are:
- Consular Services- Application/Extension/Loss of Passports- You can apply to the Consulate for Singapore International Passports. These applications would be processed by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- The Singapore embassy in Chennai also reissues Singapore passports. For loss of passports, after lodging a police report, one has bring documentary proof of Singapore citizenship and identity and a photocopy of police report.
- Registration for Singaporeans overseas- The Singapore consulate in Chennai encourages registration for Singapore nationals who are working or residing in Southern India, in order to provide adequate and timely assistance during emergency.
- Notarial Services- The Singapore Consulate in Chennai provides notarial services for all official documents which would used in Singapore.
- Cancelling Employment/Dependent Pass- Prior to leaving Singapore, cancellation of employment Singapore Embassy in Chennai cancels your dependent pass upon production of relevant documents.
- Re-entry Permit- The Singapore Consulate, Chennai can extend your re-entry permit during office hours if you are overseas at that time, provided they are done 2 months in advance.
Some of the Citizen Services provided by the Singapore Embassy in Chennai are:
- Singapore International Passport Application and Extension
- Applying for Singapore Citizenship
- Loss/Stolen of Singapore International Passport
How to Apply for a Visa at the Singapore Embassy in Chennai:
All Indian nationals who have ordinary Indian passports are required to apply for a Singapore visa before entering the country. However, Indian nationals with diplomatic or official passports are exempted from this rule.
Since April, 2009, the Singapore Consulate in Chennai have started accepting visas solely through an electronic visa application system which rejects all individual walk-in applications for visa.
Visa applications can be downloaded from www.ica.gov.sg. Visa application forms are also available with Authorized Visa Agents (AVA), Annex A and all overseas Singapore Missions including the Consulate General of Singapore in Chennai.
Documents required for Visa Application:
Application for Singapore visa can be done through any of the Authorized Visa Agents (AVA). The following documents needs to be presented for any visa application:
- Complete visa application form which is signed with a covering letter which describes the purpose of your visit to Singapore.
- The passport should be valid for at least six months after arrival in Singapore. Photocopies of bio-data and last page of passport should also be submitted.
- Original and photocopy of confirmed return ticket which is backed by a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the respective airline staff
- One recent passport size coloured photo 35x45 mm, with white background.
- Other relevant supporting documents like letter of introduction, letter of guarantee obtained from shipping agent, in-principal approval letter, employment letter, company invitation letter, residential proof etc. can be suitably provided.
Singapore Consulate-General Chennai Contact Details:
Consulate Address: 17-A North Boag Road
T.Nagar, Chennai- 600017
Phone: (91) (44) 28158207, (91) (44) 28158208 (Visa)
Mon - Fri: 8.30 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
You can also read German Embassy in Chennai | Malaysian Embassy in Chennai | US Embassy in Chennai